Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Highland Stomping

I wrapped up really warm last week to venture north of the border to Scotland.

A quick visit to Edinburgh meant that I got to see the Christmas lights show which was so pretty! The Christmas spirit was in full flow - and lights twinkling.



London is so flat that I'm not used to all the hills around the city, but I took on the biggest hill of all... Arthur's Seat! A small mound to the more intrepid explores but a mountain to me - so off I went.

I didn't stop one the way up once! (OK that was a lie) but I made it and oh the views were so worth it!


It was also a little windy... but looking pleased as punch to have made it to the top.


The next day after four hour drive I'm now very far from home in the Highlands. After a couple of pit-stops to snaffle some Christmas sandwiches we made it to the most beautiful Loch, totally alone.

Well apart front the resident ducks...

This beaut of a spot is called Loch Morlich which is in Aviemore

I am of the the full belief that life is better in red wellies - I have been in love with my Hunter boots from the moment I laid eyes on them!


Of course I fell asleep in the car on the way back... much to the un-amusement of my poor boyfriend! Oops.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig